Saturday, April 28, 2007

Al Gore In Toronto Today To Speak At Convention About Global Climate Change



Al Gore is in Toronto today to present his Academy Award-winning documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth" at the Green Living Show. This is the first show in the world to discuss and display consumer products that make a greener planet (i.e. 'Green Cars').



Gore has been criticizing the Canadian Government for backing out of the Kyoto Protocol, blasting the new initiative that was announced one day earlier by Environment Minister John Baird.

Gore has received lots of support, especially in Hollywood.
For example, stars like Leonardo Dicaprio have been standing by his side since the debut of Gore's, "An Inconvenient Truth".
Here they are at the premiere:



Remember, we are all we have & we must take care of each other to keep this planet going!
Please do all you can to make this planet cleaner.
Things you can do include:
1) Buy hybrid cars
2) Use energy efficient lighting
3) Use energy efficient dish washers
4) Use energy efficient laundry machines/dryers
5) Turn off water that is being unecessarily used etc...

Overall, there are many things we can do as citizens to make this planet a greener place...
Just type in "Global Warming" in Google... ; )

Source: The Canadian Press
Photo Sources: Getty Images

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you will give up driving your car...?

Nicholas-Sean said...

Dear "Anonymous",
...I drive my car a lot less than most people. In fact, while I'm in school during the week, I take the Toronto Transit (TTC) when I could be driving to school.
That means that I'm really only driving a lot during the weekends...& usually on the weekends I drive up to see my parents who live about an hour away from the city.
I think I've done a lot to reduce the effects of Global Warming. During the day I rarely ever turn on any lights because I have great big windows...to let light in.
Anything else I should do?